Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Films I Saw in September

Sabotage

The Best:

1. Sabotage - ****
2. Duel in the Sun - ****
3. Blow-Up - ****
4. French Connection II - ****
5. My Darling Clementine - ****
6. Prisoners - ****
7. Donnie Brasco - ****
8. Taste of Cherry - ****
9. Bigger Than Life - ****
10. A Day in the Country - ****

The Rest:

Angel on My Shoulder - ***
The Apostle - ***
Babette's Feast - ****
The Bad Seed - ***
Black Book - ****
Black Snake Moan - ***
The Blue Dahlia - ***
Chasing Amy - ***1/2
Come and Get It - **1/2
Control - ****
Death Proof - ***
Descent - **
The Diary of a Chambermaid - ***
Elizabeth: The Golden Age - **1/2
Fury - ****
Henry V (1946) - **1/2
The House of Yes - **1/2
Jubal - ***1/2
Kundun - **1/2
Lust, Caution - ****
Mrs. Brown - ***
My Best Friend's Wedding - ***1/2
Nil by Mouth - ***1/2
Paisan - ***
Patterns - ***1/2
Persepolis - ***
The Postman Always Rings Twice (1946) - ****
Princess Mononoke - ***1/2
The Rainmaker (1956) - **1/2
The Razor's Edge - ***
Rembrandt - ***
Romeo and Juliet (1936) - **
Rush - ***1/2
Secret Agent - ***
Show Boat (1936) - ***
The Spectacular Now - ****
The Spiral Staircase - ***
The Story of Louis Pasteur - ***
Sunshine (2007) - ***1/2
A Tale of Two Cities (1936) - ***1/2
These Three - ***
To Each His Own - ***
Volcano - **
War and Peace (1956) - ***
The Yearling - **1/2
Youth Without Youth - **1/2

Rewatched:

American Gangster - ****
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - ****
Atonement - ****
The Best Years of Our Lives - ****
The French Connection (theater) - ****
Rope - ****
The World's End - ****

63 Films Watched - 56 New, 7 Rewatched

2 comments:

  1. WOW man! I think the only way I could watch as many films as you is if I take a year off :D

    Hey, so you dug Duel in the Sun! That's one of my fave guilty pleasure as Gregory Peck is sooo sexy in it, I wish he played a rascal more often, ahah. It's a GWTW wannabe but still quite fun.

    I'm curious about 'Jesse James' as I like Casey Affleck. I haven't even heard of Sabotage by Hitchcock. Have you done a top 10 by Hitchcock Josh? I'd love to see that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Duel in the Sun is WAY more fun than GWTW. It might actually make my top 100 when I update it soon. :)

      Pitt and Affleck are superb in Jesse James. I haven't done a top 10 Hitchcock list, but I might do one this week.

      Delete