|The Breakfast Club actually won something!|
I still don't have an idea for a regular Friday series yet, so here's another CinSpec-related post. These are my favorite songs that've won CinSpecs without even being nominated at the Oscars.
10. "This One's from the Heart" from One from the Heart
9. "Don't You (Forget About Me)" from The Breakfast Club
8. "New York, New York" from New York, New York
7. "Across 110th Street" from Across 110th Street
6. "In Too Deep" from Mona Lisa
5. "On the Dark Side" from Eddie and the Cruisers
4. "Don't Be Shy" from Harold and Maude
3. "Rainy Fields of Frost and Magic" from The Killing of a Chinese Bookie
2. "A Hard Day's Night" from A Hard Day's Night
1. "Fight the Power" from Do the Right Thing
Great choices! The academy overlooking Don't You Forget About Me is a head-scratcher.ReplyDelete
In recent times, Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey (from The Great Gatsby) and Who Did That To You by John Legend (from Django Unchained) I loved, yet were snubbed.
Thanks! I nominate those two songs you mentioned. ;)Delete
Wow, some of these are quite popular, that's surprising they weren't nominated.Delete
I concur about Young & Beautiful, that's one of my faves from 2013!
Young and Beautiful was better than Let It Go. :/Delete
I can understand why some of these didn't make the line up, but how in the world did New York, New York not even get a nomination?! That's one for the ages. Great list!ReplyDelete
Thanks! New York, New York seems like a no-brainer, indeed. Odd that it missed.Delete
Some of these Oscar snubs are odd, but all of these are great choices! I just saw One from the Heart ;-)ReplyDelete
Thanks man. Yay! Hope One from the Heart gets multiple Fisti noms.Delete
Aww, Don't You Forget About Me. I love that song.ReplyDelete
That song is awesome!Delete
The "Fight the Power" snub is egregious. Absolutely absurd. That song is practically a character in the movie!ReplyDelete
Also, LOVE "Across 110th Street". Great tune.
Glad you dig those tunes as well. I'm sure "Fight the Power" would've been nominated now, but that snub still stings.Delete
Yay!!! Fight the Power us only, like, one of my favorite songs ever.ReplyDelete
And with good reason. It's a brilliant song.Delete