Friday, January 2, 2015

10 Actors Who Are CinSpec Nominees for Best Picture

Johnny Depp is actually a CinSpec-winning producer.

Like the Oscars have done for decades, I credit Best Picture CinSpec wins and nominations to the producers, which leads to some interesting nominees. I was working on a lengthy post of all my Best Picture lineups with their credited producers, but that would've been unnecessary, when I only wanted to highlight actors who've popped up over the years. Therefore, I've just highlighted the actors I could find.

Note: I'm not counting multi-hyphenates like Orson Welles and Charles Chaplin, as they are also known for their directing prowess.

Henry Fonda for 12 Angry Men

Warren Beatty for Bonnie and Clyde

Michael Douglas for One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Griffin Dunne for After Hours*

Danny DeVito for Gattaca

Tobey Maguire for 25th Hour

Brad Pitt for The Departed and The Tree of Life

George Clooney for The American

Johnny Depp for Hugo*

Leonardo DiCaprio for The Wolf of Wall Street

* = a Best Picture win

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! You really research all these. I love the stats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! The off-screen contributions of well-known performers are often overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I always find it interesting to see which actors have produced.

      Delete
  3. Wow for some reason I didn't remember Depp was in HUGO. But worst of all, I haven't even heard of Griffin Dunne nor After Hours, now I'm curious Josh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Depp isn't in Hugo, but he did produce it. ;) He didn't get credited at the Oscars though, which also happened to Brad Pitt for The Departed and Don Cheadle for Crash. Griffin Dunne was also in An American Werewolf in London, which is fun. After Hours is an entertaining change of pace for Scorsese. I might call it his most underrated film.

      Delete
  4. Love the love for After Hours! I also appreciate the fact that you go in depth to find these stats, it's very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear you love that film too. It's so underrated.

      Delete