Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Movie Song of the Week


Having just updated my 2007 CinSpec Awards and rewatched Match Point, I've decided to focus on a movie song performed by Jonathan Rhys-Meyers this week. The song, though not recognized at the Oscars, feels akin to the stripped-down version of "Lost Stars", the Oscar-nominated song from last year's Begin Again. However, my choice does come from another Oscar-feted film, which did receive a Best Original Song nomination for a different track. While August Rush had a number of original songs, it only campaigned two of them. (My choice was submitted to the Academy, but it didn't get an awards campaign.) None of Rhys-Meyers' notable numbers managed to get in the awards race, so this week's song is "This Time" from August Rush. Check out the forgotten track below.

7 comments:

  1. I really like this song. I never saw August Rush, but I did listen to some of the songs that came from it. They were good. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! LOL, the film comes on Lifetime now, but I always kinda liked it.

      Delete
  2. Ha, I'll confess the film is a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife keeps trying to get me to watch this.

    I guess I'll give in now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a decent family film, and I really like the cast and the music.

      Delete
  4. Came via Flix Chatter, great post!

    ReplyDelete