Frank is a dark comedy about an aspiring musician's encounter with a band called Soronprfbs. In lieu of a review, here are a few reasons to see the film, which is currently available on VOD.
1. Director Lenny Abrahamson delivers another indie hit, after the award-winning Irish drama What Richard Did.
2. Michael Fassbender gives a must-see performance that is both funny and devastating. I didn't know he had this in him.
3. After a charming performance in About Time last year, Domhnall Gleeson gets another lead role. More, please.
4. Maggie Gyllenhaal shines in a wild supporting role, delivering her best work in years.
5. The music, which features original songs performed by Fassbender, deserves awards consideration.
Great post! I want to see this so badly. I hope I get to soon. And I just added What Richard Did to my Netflix queue.ReplyDelete
Thanks! Ooh, hope you like What Richard Did. It's the reason I'm rooting for Jack Reynor (of Transformers: AOE fame) to succeed in Hollywood.Delete
My favourite thing about this was Maggie Gyllenhaal. SOOO good! But yes to everything else too :)ReplyDelete
Yay! Gyllenhaal was great, but Fassy stole the movie. :)Delete
It's definitely on my watchlist, I heard it's funny? i haven't seen a good comedy in a while.ReplyDelete
Yeah, it's funny, but also dark in some parts. It's not a laugh out loud comedy.Delete
Love what you said in #2. By now, we should know that there's nothing that man can't do. Yet I didn't see this coming at all. He was perfect.ReplyDelete
He was flawless, no doubt. Since Gleeson is the true lead of the film, I've got Fassy in Supporting, where he's currently my runner-up.Delete
Director Lenny Abrahmson is currently helming the film adaptation of the bestselling novel 'Room' which will star Brie Larson - It's my most anticipated film of the year!ReplyDelete
I forgot about that film. Can't wait to see it!Delete