Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Films I Saw in June

Before Midnight

The Best:

1. Before Midnight - ****
2. The Hidden Fortress - ****
3. Faces - ****
4. This is England - ****
5. Another Woman - ****
6. Straight Time - ****
7. Primer - ****
8. The Vanishing (1988) - ****
9. Red River - ****
10. The Blue Umbrella - ****

The Rest:

After Earth - **1/2
Anna Karenina (1948) - **1/2
As Tears Go By - ***
The Bling Ring - ***1/2
Brink of Life - ***1/2
Bull Durham - ***1/2
California Suite - ***
French Kiss - ***
Funny Girl - **1/2
I Remember Mama - ***
The Iceman - **
If…. - ***1/2
Magic - ***
Man of Steel - ***
The Medusa Touch - ***1/2
Mississippi Burning - ***1/2
The Monk - **1/2
Monsters University - ***
Now You See Me - ***
Portrait of Jennie - ***
The Purge - **1/2
Romeo and Juliet (1968) - ****
A Royal Affair - ***1/2
The Search - ***1/2
She Done Him Wrong - ***
Shy People - ***
Some Came Running - ***1/2
This is the End - ***
An Unmarried Woman - ***
Upstream Color - ***1/2
Victim - ***1/2
Wuthering Heights (2012) - ***

Rewatched:

Bullitt - ****
The Goodbye Girl - ****
The Goonies - ****
Oliver! - ****
Sixteen Candles - ***
Spider-Man - ***
Spider-Man 2 - ****
Superman - ***1/2
Superman II - ****
The Sure Thing - ***
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre - ****

53 Films Watched - 42 New, 11 Rewatched

2 comments:

  1. Another Woman is among my top 5 Woody Allen films, glad you loved it too.
    I've been meaning to watch Faces, and I'm also curious about Shadows (1959) he directed. John Cassavetes is a bit hit or miss for me. "A Woman Under the Influence" is excellent. I also really liked "Minnie and Moskowitz (1971)"-which has less yelling than usual :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. Another Woman might not make my top 5 Allen films, but it would almost certainly be in my top 10.

      I loved Faces, A Woman Under the Influence, and Shadows. Husbands and Opening Night are pretty great too. I haven't seen Minnie and Moskowitz, but it's on my watchlist.

      Delete