Monday, March 3, 2014

Films I Saw in February

Day for Night

The Best:

1. Day for Night - ****
2. Tokyo Story - ****
3. Onibaba - ****
4. The Taking of Pelham One Two Three - ****
5. This is Spinal Tap - ****
6. Stranger than Paradise - ****
7. Ali: Fear Eats the Soul - ****
8. Little Odessa - ****
9. Red Desert - ****
10. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein - ****

The Rest:

The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert - ***1/2
Against All Odds - **1/2
All of Me - ***
Amarcord - **1/2
And the Oscar Goes To… - ***
Ashes of Time - ***1/2
Austenland - **1/2
Blue Sky - **1/2
Body Double - ***1/2
Chaplin - ***1/2
Charly - **1/2
Clear and Present Danger - ***
The Cotton Club - ***1/2
Eat Drink Man Woman - ***1/2
The Fall of the Roman Empire - ***
Happiness - ***
Harry and Tonto - ***
Heavenly Creatures - ****
Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa - **
Labor Day - **
The Last Seduction - ***1/2
The LEGO Movie - ***1/2
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou - ***1/2
The Little Prince - **1/2
The Madness of King George - ***1/2
The Masque of the Red Death - ****
The Monuments Men - ***
The Natural - ***
The Night Porter - ***
1984 - **
Nobody's Fool - ***1/2
Patriot Games - ***
Phantom of the Paradise - ****
Pirate Radio - ***1/2
The Pumpkin Eater - ***
Purple Rain - ***
Secret Honor - ***1/2
Serial Mom - ***
7 Faces of Dr. Lao - **1/2
A Soldier's Story - ***
To Live - ***1/2
Topkapi - ***
Under the Volcano - **1/2
Vanya on 42nd Street - ***1/2
Wild Reeds - ****
Winter's Tale - ***

Rewatched:

Gravity - ****
Moulin Rouge! - ****
The Night of the Iguana - ****

59 Films Watched - 56 New, 3 Rewatched

6 comments:

  1. Good list of flicks. Lots of variety!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You saw Winter's Tale and didn't hate it!?!?!?!

    I still haven't seen it :-(

    Where is your review? I DEMAND A REVIEW!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really enjoyed it despite several problems I had with it. Haha, I'll try to get a review up in the next day or two then. :)

      Delete
  3. I almost don't want to check out your list as you always put me to shame how little I watched! Oh you rewatched Moulin Rouge!, haven't seen that in ages but I loved it!

    Ahah, you might be the only one who dug Winter's Tale Josh ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how awesome Moulin Rouge! was! :) Haha, I think you're right about Winter's Tale.

      Delete