The 85th Oscar ceremony is only a week away. Here are some stats and reminders to keep in mind for the event next Sunday.
1. If Argo wins Best Picture, Ben Affleck will have 2 Oscars, 2 BAFTAs, 2 Golden Globes, 2 SAG Awards… and 2 Razzies.
2. Daniel Day-Lewis will likely become the first actor to win 3 Best Actor Oscars.
3. Mychael Danna (0/2), Thomas Newman (0/11, above), or Alexandre Desplat (0/5) could win his first Oscar for Best Original Score.
4. Whoever wins Best Supporting Actor will win his second (or third, in De Niro's case) Academy Award.
5. If "Skyfall" wins Best Original Song, it will the first Bond song to win an Oscar, and the film will be the third Oscar-winning entry in the 007 series (the others were Goldfinger and Thunderball).
6. Brenda Chapman (co-director of Brave) could become the first female winner of Best Animated Feature Film.
7. If Skyfall wins Best Sound Mixing, Greg P. Russell will receive his first Oscar after 16 nominations.
8. Amour, Argo (above), or Lincoln could become the 22nd Best Picture winner with a one word title.
9. Adele, Norah Jones, Dame Shirley Bassey (above), and Barbra Streisand will be performing at the ceremony.
10. There will be a special tribute to modern movie musicals, focusing on Chicago (above), Dreamgirls, and Les Misérables.
The Oscars air on February 24, 2013.