Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ranking the Fast & Furious Series


In honor of the latest Fast & Furious release, which features the late Paul Walker in his last role, here's a quick look back over the series and how I rank the films.

The Fast and the Furious (Rob Cohen, 2001)

Dated, but a nice guilty pleasure.

2 Fast 2 Furious (John Singleton, 2003)

Sans Diesel, it's still one of my favorites.

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (Justin Lin, 2006)

Entertaining despite the lack of familiar faces.

Fast & Furious (Justin Lin, 2009)

The series starts to wear thin…

Fast Five (Justin Lin, 2011)

…before roaring back to life!

Fast & Furious 6 (Justin Lin, 2013)

Everything is turned up to 11 in the series' best entry yet.

Furious 7 (James Wan, 2015)

A fitting send-off for Walker.

Ranking & Ratings:

1. Fast & Furious 6 - B+
2. Fast Five - B
3. 2 Fast 2 Furious - B
4. The Fast and the Furious - B
5. Furious 7 - B
6. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - B-
7. Fast & Furious - B-

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the last two, but I rather like all except Fast & Furious, which was AWFUL.

    1) Fast Five
    2) The Fast and the Furious
    3) The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    4) 2 Fast 2 Furious
    5) Fast & Furious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given that you like most of them, you really need to see the last two. ;) I've not seen Fast & Furious since it was in theaters. I'm probably more in the C+/C range, but I'd need to rewatch it.

      Delete
  2. Without having seen the latest just yet, I have it...

    1. Fast Five
    2. Fast & Furious 6
    3. The Fast and the Furious
    4. 2 Fast 2 Furious
    5. Fast & Furious
    6. Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty close on our rankings. Hope you enjoy Furious 7!

      Delete
  3. I got turned into this series by the 6th film so that's perhaps my fave so far, followed by Fast Five and Furious 6. I skipped 2, 3 and 4 though, no interest in seeing them, but I didn't realize Singleton directed the 2nd one, hmmm I'm curious now. Speaking of Singleton, I'm about to post a review of one of his films ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should check out the 2nd film, Ruth. Even Roger Ebert liked it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Here's my ranking, from favorite/best to worst:

    1. Fast Five
    2. Fast and Furious 6
    3. Furious 7
    4. Fast & Furious aka part 4
    5. The Fast and Furious aka part 1
    6. It's a tie between the second and third film, I thought both were equally awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I've always enjoyed the second film, but I know it's not the most popular one.

      Delete
  5. For me so far...

    1. Fast Five
    2. Fast & Furious 6
    3. 2 Fast 2 Furious
    4. The Fast & the Furious
    5. Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    6. Fast & Furious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're very close in our rankings. Nice to see 2 Fast 2 Furious so high. Hope you like the new film.

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen Furious 7 yet, but I really like this series. It's just pure entertainment. My rankings:

    1. Fast Five
    2. Fast & Furious 6
    3. 2 Fast 2 Furious
    4. The Fast and the Furious
    5. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    6. Fast & Furious (the less said about this, the better).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how much I enjoy this series. Haha, I'm going to rewatch Fast & Furious soon, since I don't remember it being that bad. ;)

      Delete