Hello everyone! In an effort to get things back on track on the blog, here’s a list of 10 personal movie-related things from 2018 to catch you up on. I’ll try to duck in here more often, since I miss blogging, and have been watching a lot of movies this year. Expect an updated 2013 CinSpec Awards ballot soon. I’ve postponed it for ages, but I’m almost ready to post it. I also have a few big updates to 2016 to make, though I’ll just edit the last post I did of them. Anyways, I guess I’m back, so I’ll see you around.
1. Some of my favorite 2018 films so far include First Reformed, Black Panther, Annihilation, BlacKkKlansman, and Mission: Impossible - Fallout.
2. Sicario: Day of the Soldado is better than Sicario. (And I love Emily Blunt.)
3. Alicia Vikander gives an award-worthy performance in Tomb Raider.
4. Solo: A Star Wars Story flopped, but I loved it. Saw it twice in theaters.
5. Tulip Fever is perfectly watchable, even if it isn’t a great film.
6. I have now seen all but 15 of the films ever nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.
10. I rewatched movies like 20th Century Women, Ordinary People, Wonder Boys, and The African Queen - all were better than I remembered.