Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Ranking the Halloween Movies


Before David Gordon Green's Halloween opened last weekend, I went back and watched all of the previous films. I had only seen a few of them before, but I must say I really like this franchise, despite some bad movies in the mix. Here's how they line up for me.

11. Halloween II (2009)
C-

10. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)
C-

9. Halloween (2007)
C

8. Halloween 5 (1989)
C

7. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
C+

6. Halloween: Resurrection (2002)
B-

5. Halloween (2018)
B

4. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)
B

3. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
B

2. Halloween II (1981)
B

1. Halloween (1978)
A+

4 comments:

  1. Nice list. I'm seeing the new one this weekend. For me, I'd also have 1 and 2 in the top spots, and Rob Zombie's versions in the two bottom ones. (even though I actually liked Scout Taylor Compton as Laurie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I almost put the fourth one ahead of the second one, actually. It was fun seeing Loomis back after the third one - and that ending! Michael's constant growling in Halloween II (the Zombie one) was more than enough to put it at the bottom of the list.

      Delete
  2. Nice work. Zombie's Halloween II deserves to rank last, and I love that H20 cracked the top 4. I need to see Halloween 4 again now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. The finale of H20 alone almost puts it higher. So good. After Halloween 3, #4 was a delight. Loved seeing Loomis back, and that twist at the end totally got me.

      Delete