Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Top 25 Songs of 2016

Tegan and Sara scored a few mentions.

Most of these songs were recognized at the SoundSpecs, but here's how I'd rank them.

25. “Waves” - Kanye West ft. Chris Brown and Kid Cudi


24. “A Lonely Night” - The Weeknd


23. “A Change of Heart” - The 1975


22. “No Problem” - Chance the Rapper ft. Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz


21. “That Girl” - Tegan and Sara


20. “See Her Out (Thats Just Life)” - Francis and the Lights


19. “Lazarus” - David Bowie


18. “Your Best American Girl” - Mitski


17. “You Want It Darker” - Leonard Cohen


16. “If I Get High” - Nothing But Thieves


15. “untitled 02 | 06.23.2014.” - Kendrick Lamar


14. “22 (OVER S∞∞N)” - Bon Iver


13. “Redbone” - Childish Gambino


12. “Same Drugs” - Chance the Rapper


11. “Cry” - Carly Rae Jepsen


10. “I Need You” - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds


9. “White Ferrari” - Frank Ocean


8. “BWU” - Tegan and Sara


7. “I Need a Forest Fire” - James Blake ft. Bon Iver


6. “Burn the Witch” - Radiohead


5. “What’s It Gonna Be?” - Shura


4. “Lover, Please Stay” - Nothing But Thieves


3. “Hang on to the Night” - Tegan and Sara


2. “Kiss It Better” - Rihanna


1. “Somebody Else” - The 1975

3 comments:

  1. “White Ferrari" is not only my favorite song of the year, but one of my favorites in a long long time. I really connected with it. Love seeing it make the cut here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was underwhelmed with Blonde, but "White Ferrari" is a beautiful track. Glad to hear you'd rank it so highly.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see some of the old guard(Bowie, Cave,Cohen) mix it with the new!
    White Ferrari,Lazarus, I Need You, Burn the Witch, Waves, Untitled 2, and Kiss it Better I rate highly as well.
    I love the melody in the Mitski song but the harsh guitars made me like it less. I hope she does an acoustic version. I had the same issue with
    the Car Seat Headrest album.
    What’s It Gonna Be? by Shura is catchy and might end up in my top 100.

    ReplyDelete