Thursday, April 2, 2015

Early Oscar Winner Predictions

We've done it again.

Fisti and I predicted the upcoming Oscar nominees yesterday, and we've taken a stab at guessing the winners, too. We actually agree on 10 categories, which is one more than last year. However, we only got one of those correct, so that doesn't mean much. Check out our picks below.

Note: My predicted Best Picture winner was #3 on my ranked list yesterday, as I ranked those films based on the likelihood of being nominated.

BEST PICTURE:

My prediction: Bridge of Spies
Fisti's prediction: Bridge of Spies

BEST DIRECTOR:

My prediction: Steven Spielberg, Bridge of Spies
Fisti's prediction: Steven Spielberg, Bridge of Spies

BEST ACTOR:

My prediction: Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Fisti's prediction: Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant

BEST ACTRESS:

My prediction: Cate Blanchett, Carol
Fisti's prediction: Carey Mulligan, Suffragette

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

My prediction: Jude Law, Genius
Fisti's prediction: Jude Law, Genius

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:

My prediction: Naomi Watts, Demolition
Fisti's prediction: Naomi Watts, Demolition

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY:

My prediction: Carol
Fisti's prediction: Carol

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:

My prediction: Joy
Fisti's prediction: Demolition

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN:

My prediction: Pan
Fisti's prediction: Far from the Madding Crowd

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY:

My prediction: The Revenant
Fisti's prediction: Bridge of Spies

BEST COSTUME DESIGN:

My prediction: Pan
Fisti's prediction: Far from the Madding Crowd

BEST FILM EDITING:

My prediction: Spectre
Fisti's prediction: Spectre

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE:

My prediction: Bridge of Spies
Fisti's prediction: Bridge of Spies

BEST ORIGINAL SONG:

My prediction: Inside Out
Fisti's prediction: Inside Out

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING:

My prediction: The Danish Girl
Fisti's prediction: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

BEST SOUND MIXING:

My prediction: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Fisti's prediction: Spectre

BEST SOUND EDITING:

My prediction: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Fisti's prediction: Spectre

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS:

My prediction: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Fisti's prediction: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:

My prediction: Inside Out
Fisti's prediction: Inside Out

10 comments:

  1. I have a good feeling about some of these...but then again...I had really good feelings last year too :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine Redmayne stealing that Oscar from DiCaprio....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice and interesting choices. I think Meryl has a VERY high chance of actually winning this year, more so than her previous nominations. I mean, she's the lead in a movie directed by Jonathan Demme and written by Diablo Cody. And I know there are lots of people dying to see her win a 4th Oscar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm sure we'll be horribly wrong. I wonder if Meryl will even be nominated, but she has a great chance, since she's Meryl Streep. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my, I just can't wait to see all of these movies! Especially SPECTRE, Bridge of Spies, and Carol... Bridge of Spies haven't even started filming yet, but man, Spielberg + Hanks gotta be great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope Bridge of Spies is great. Apart from The Adventures of Tintin, I haven't loved a Spielberg film since Munich!

      Delete
  5. Animated films have to be something special to get my attention, and Inside Out does have a great premise. I hope it's as good as the trailer suggests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. It's been a while since Pixar made a great film.

      Delete