Friday, February 27, 2015

CinSpec Awards Getting a Facelift

Awards never get old.

My buddy Drew "Fisti" at A Fistful of Films is in the process of reposting some of his updated Fisti Awards ballots. After discussing it with him, I've decided to make a minor change to the CinSpec Awards. Instead of indicating first, second and third place in each category, I'm removing the latter two, leaving just my clear-cut winner. Here's an example below: (click to enlarge)


I've already updated my 2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 ballots to match this new look, and I've updated the few images posted on my 2007 ballot. In the next week or two, I'm hoping to post images for my updated 1999 and 2010 ballots, so look out for an update on that. Meanwhile, I'll be updating the rest of the ballot images I've already posted to correspond with this small change.

By the way, I made a recent change to my 2014 Best Actress lineup. I've kept going back and forth between Marion Cotillard in The Immigrant and Mia Wasikowska in Tracks for the fifth slot. Though I'm expecting Mommy's Anne Dorval to replace either one of them, I've taken Cotillard out and put Wasikowska in for now. Here's how my lineup looks at the moment:


Expect more CinSpec updates soon.

12 comments:

  1. These 'CinSpec'/'Fisti Awards' updates are so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any reason(s) for removing 2nd and 3rd ? For a newcomer to the blog I could see that just the clear-cut winner is simpler to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of having one clear-cut winner on there, while the rest are equal nominees. Plus, it means I don't have to rely on rankings, as many of my nominees in a given category are often interchangeable. For instance, if I see a new film and I take out what was my #3 choice in a given category, it won't matter now, since they're technically not ranked. It makes updates easier for close categories, for sure.

      Delete
  3. I must say I preferred the old version, it was more informative as to how you rank the performances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I've really come to love this new look, which will be easier for me edit if see something new I want to add. Also, it gives them a more "official" look. If you want to know my rankings in any year or category, feel free to ask. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, don'\t get me wrong it looks awesome! But I'm always curious how people rank things not just the winners :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Sati, but I'm sure I'll get used to your new look :)

    And BLESS YOU for having Gugu for Beyond the Lights in your lineup. What a star making performance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Gugu is AMAZING in Beyond the Lights. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm fine either way Josh, I guess this would make it easier for you to update things. Still thrilled to see Gugu on your Best Actress List, let's hope the Academy (and other award organizations) would recognize her in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's easier, and my rankings change sometimes. :) Fingers crossed for a Gugu Oscar nomination soon!

      Delete