Wednesday, July 23, 2014

6 Degrees of Separation Blogathon


Nostra at Myfilmviews has concocted another great blogathon, and Chris at Movies And Songs 365 has kindly passed the baton to me. Essentially, this blogathon asks each participant to connect one actor/actress/director/movie to another actor/actress/director/movie in six connections or less. I've been asked to connect Toshiro Mifune to James Stewart. Note: I'm sure I could've shortened the degrees of separation, but I wanted to do all six of them.

Before I get started, here are the previous participants:

Drew at A Fistful of Films
Sati at Cinematic Corner
Alex at And So It Begins
Steven at Surrender To The Void
Chris at Movies And Songs 365

1. Toshiro Mifune worked with director Akira Kurosawa on 16 films.


2. Akira Kurosawa directed Martin Scorsese, who played Vincent van Gogh in Dreams (1990).


3. Martin Scorsese worked with Paul Newman, who starred in The Color of Money (1986).


4. Paul Newman was in The Towering Inferno (1974) with William Holden.


5. William Holden co-starred with Grace Kelly in The Country Girl (1954).


6. Grace Kelly worked with James Stewart in Rear Window (1954).


I pass the baton to Shane at Film Actually, and ask him to connect James Stewart with Spike Lee.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! I had no idea that that was Scorsese in Dreams! LOL...and I like that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Akira Kurosawa directed Martin Scorsese, I didn't see that move coming :) Well-played!
    Your question, yes, you could have done less than 6. However since you wanted to do all six, alternatives don't really matter. If you're curious, here are my notes:
    Toshiro Mifune was in Midway (1976) with Charlton Heston
    Charlton Heston was in Touch of Evil (1958) with Janet Leigh
    Janet Leigh was in Psycho (1960) directed by Hitchcock
    Hitchcock directed Veritigo (1958) starring James Stewart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, nicely done on those alternatives!

      Delete
  3. I have no doubt you'd do a smashing job w/ this blogathon and you sure did, Josh!! WOW I had no idea Martin Scorsese had played Vincent van Gogh! My goodness, an Italian guy played a red-headed Dutch man, they should've won Best Makeup!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! Haha, I really need to see that movie!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for passing to me. Jimmy and Spike will be tricky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Can't wait to see how they connect!

      Delete