Monday, June 9, 2014

CinSpec Awards Getting a New Look

Click to enlarge.

I've decided to gradually convert my CinSpec Awards to images like the one above, as bloggers like Drew from A Fistful of Films and Nathaniel from The Film Experience do.

I've completed all of the 2012 and 2013 ones, and I've done the big eight categories from 2011. (I'm just putting the new images on my old posts, since they're all linked on the Awards page.) I'll probably work my way backwards with the newest years first, and my current weekly posts will likely be the same (old) format for now. Once I'm done posting my ballots for 1930-present in a few months, I'll be able to go back and update everything with the new format. For now, I'll include an update on my progress with each weekly CinSpec post.

Here are some more samples of the images I've posted. All of my awards posts will eventually look like them.





Note: Winners are in yellow (gold); the runners-up are in gray (silver); and third place picks are in brown (bronze). The images are much larger than they appear on the page, so I recommend clicking on the first one and scrolling through the enlarged images for a better look.

12 comments:

  1. Awesome bro! I'm thinking about doing what you do too...making the images appear uniform to fit the page and then making you have to click on them to expand them. I always feel like my awards pages look messy. These are beautiful BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! :D Yeah, it's so easy to click on one and scroll through them on Blogger that I decided to make them fit on the page.

      Delete
    2. Yup, I went ahead and did that to all my awards pages now, and I love it!

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm looking forward to seeing this new look Josh! Yeah make it larger so we can see the details in a new window, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So when can we expect your new CinSpec Awards post? ;-)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I'll still be doing weekly CinSpec posts, but they probably won't be images like these yet. That said, I got the '82 images done for tomorrow, and I'm planning to do ones for '92 and '02 in the next two weeks. :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Nice work, Josh! I would totally copy you, but I can hardly keep up with my reviews as it is! Looks great though...jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, they're fun to make, but it's going to take months to get them done!

      Delete
  4. Nice man, I'm really digging it. I know it'll be more work for you to create images like this, so I really respect you going all out for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! It's definitely more work, but I can't wait to get all of my posts converted to images.

      Delete