Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Early Oscar Winner Predictions

"Dude, it's seriously TOO early to be talking about this."

Nominee predictions weren't enough, so this year Fisti and I have taken a stab at guessing next year's Oscar winners. We agree on 9 of them, and only 2 of those are in the major categories. We have both of our Best Picture picks winning 5 awards, and we both have Interstellar coming in second with 4 wins. Oddly enough, we both see Christopher Nolan winning, but in different categories. Check out our picks below.

BEST PICTURE:

My prediction: Into the Woods
Fisti's prediction: Unbroken

BEST DIRECTOR:

My prediction: Christopher Nolan, Interstellar
Fisti's prediction: Angelina Jolie, Unbroken

BEST ACTOR:

My prediction: Steve Carell, Foxcatcher
Fisti's prediction: Steve Carell, Foxcatcher

BEST ACTRESS:

My prediction: Amy Adams, Big Eyes
Fisti's prediction: Amy Adams, Big Eyes

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR:

My prediction: Channing Tatum, Foxcatcher
Fisti's prediction: Edward Norton, Birdman

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS:

My prediction: Viola Davis, Get on Up
Fisti's prediction: Emily Blunt, Into the Woods

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY:

My prediction: Inherent Vice
Fisti's prediction: Unbroken

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY:

My prediction: Foxcatcher
Fisti's prediction: Interstellar

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN:

My prediction: Into the Woods
Fisti's prediction: Into the Woods

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY:

My prediction: Unbroken
Fisti's prediction: Unbroken

BEST COSTUME DESIGN:

My prediction: Into the Woods
Fisti's prediction: Far from the Madding Crowd

BEST FILM EDITING:

My prediction: Interstellar
Fisti's prediction: Foxcatcher

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE:

My prediction: Unbroken
Fisti's prediction: Unbroken

BEST ORIGINAL SONG:

My prediction: Begin Again
Fisti's prediction: The LEGO Movie

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING:

My prediction: Into the Woods
Fisti's prediction: Into the Woods

BEST SOUND MIXING:

My prediction: Into the Woods
Fisti's prediction: Interstellar

BEST SOUND EDITING:

My prediction: Interstellar
Fisti's prediction: Interstellar

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS:

My prediction: Interstellar
Fisti's prediction: Interstellar

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE FILM:

My prediction: The LEGO Movie
Fisti's prediction: The LEGO Movie

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM:

My prediction: Spain*
Fisti's prediction: Trash (Brazil)

*Image is from Living is Easy with Eyes Closed, which might not even be Spain's official entry.

12 comments:

  1. I'd love for Carrel to win. He impressed me so much in that end of the world movie with Keira Knighltey and this looks like the kind of role Academy would like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he was good in Seeking a Friend... I also liked his performance in Little Miss Sunshine.

      Delete
  2. Kick ass dude! Can't wait to see if any of these actually happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! I think we'll get some right, like Interstellar and Into the Woods in some of the tech categories at least.

      Delete
  3. Into The Woods is an interesting pick. Right now, it's reminding me too much of Snow White and the Huntsman. It will be interesting to see where that movie actually goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, but ITW is based on a successful Broadway musical. Still, I could see the movie falling flat.

      Delete
  4. I really hope Foxcatcher delivers. I'm so excited for that film. And hey, a Best Director win for Nolan... yeah, I'm always down with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to Foxcatcher as well. It's a very intriguing project. We might've been spoiled this year, but how great would it be for PTA, Nolan, Deakins and Desplat to win Oscars next year?

      Delete
  5. I'd so love to see so many of these come true - especially Steve Carrell. He is so long deserved of nominations. By the pictures it looks like a spectacular range for make-up and costumes too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to see Carell win, but I wouldn't have a problem with another actor taking it. Into the Woods could be a strong contender in many of the tech categories. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

      Delete
  6. I can't think about Oscar just yet but what movie is that w/ Anna Kendrick and Chris Pine as a royal couple??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the upcoming musical Into the Woods, which could be a major Oscar contender. :)

      Delete