Monday, June 17, 2013

Top 10 Supporting Actress Performances of All Time

Jennifer Connelly with her Best Supporting Actress Oscar.

My pal Fisti at A Fistful of Films did a supporting actor top 10 list last week, which inspired me to do two supporting lists. (He hasn't posted his supporting actress list yet.) Check out my picks below, and look for my supporting actor list tomorrow.

10. Rosanna Arquette, After Hours

9. Eva Marie Saint, On the Waterfront

8. Bibi Andersson, The Seventh Seal

7. Sandy Dennis, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

6. Juliette Binoche, The English Patient

5. Jennifer Connelly, Requiem for a Dream

4. Ingrid Thulin, Winter Light

3. Shelley Winters, A Place in the Sun

2. Natalie Portman, Closer

1. Ruth Hussey, The Philadelphia Story

12 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! My supporting actress list is coming tomorrow and we don't match up once, and yet I love your list!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME! Thanks man! I'll check out your list shortly.

      Delete
  2. Oh awesome to see Thulin and Connelly here. Both were unforgettable in these two roles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you like those picks.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's a nice list. I'm not sure what I can add to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I didn't have many other contenders, so that's great to hear.

      Delete
  4. Ah, Jennifer Connelly in Requiem is one of the most haunting performances I've every seen. Great list! I was surprised to see Portman on there for Closer, but the more I think about it, the more I agree with this choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, those performances are so brilliant. Portman and Connelly are devastating in those roles.

      Delete
  5. Great list! I'm glad you included Connelly in Requiem. Powerful stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Powerful, indeed. She definitely makes an impression in that film.

      Delete
  6. Damn, I like this one even better than your supporting actors list, which is really saying something. Love the Bergman ladies, and Shelley Winters... whatta powerhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much man! I'm all over the place with these picks, so I'm glad you dig those.

      Delete