Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Couple of Blog Awards

My first BOTY Award.

Anna of Defiant Success has kindly presented me two blog awards. In addition, Ruth of "....let's be splendid about this..." has presented me with one of those two.

The first one is the "Blog of the Year 2012" Award. I'm shocked and very grateful to receive such an honor.
 

The rules for accepting are:
  • Select the blog(s) you think deserve the "Blog of the Year 2012" Award.
  • Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen - there's no minimum or maximum number of blogs required - and "present" them with their award.
  • Please include a link back to this page and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
  • Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the "rules" with them You can now also join our Facebook group – click "like" on this page "Blog of the Year 2012" Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
  • As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars.
The other award (the one they both gave me) is The Versatile Blogger Award, which I'm also proud to accept.


The rules for accepting are:
  • Display the award certificate on your website.
  • Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
  • Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
  • Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
  • Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Interesting facts:
  1. Before I started this blog, I had a free website through Tripod.com and two other dead blogs.
  2. I have so many DVDs that I'm running out of room for them (over 700).
  3. I still prefer CDs to purchasing music through iTunes.
  4. I'm a descendant of Edward Teach, aka Blackbeard.
  5. The only major stage production I've seen is Chicago (and I loved it).
  6. The most used book on my desk is 80 Years of the Oscar by Robert Osborne. (Surprise, I know.)
  7. To date, I've seen 125 films from 2012. I still have some big ones left to see though.
Here are the bloggers I'm presenting both awards to. I'm stealing borrowing Anna's combination, so I'm not doing 15 bloggers.
Have at it!

22 comments:

  1. 700! I wish I had so many DVDs....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. That's a safe estimate, but I probably have around 800 or 900. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, thanks so much Josh! I'll try to do these sometime in January :D

    Oh man, you watched so many movies this year! Hey, I still prefer CDs to purchasing music through iTunes, too. In fact, I still listen to my fave CDs in the car as well. My taste in music is a bit old school, ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ruth!

      I still listen to CDs in the car too.

      Delete
  3. Once again, you're welcome for the awards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 700 DVDs! I'm headed there. I have around 250 at the moment, and I've run out of the extra shelving in my room. Argh.

    Thanks for the awards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish DVD cases were thinner, so I could put more on my bookshelf, which is full of DVDs. :)

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  5. 700 DVDs ... Wow! On second thought, you don't even want to know how many books I have. I might be able to give you a run for your money there. :-D

    Cool that you're a descendant of Edward Teach. I grew up in Eastern N.C., not far from the Outer Banks, and Blackbeard is a very popular historical figure there.

    Thanks so much for the awards. The compliment means a lot, especially coming an awesome blogger like you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. It's probably closer to 900, but I couldn't be bothered to dig all of them up and count them. :)

      Interesting. I should research Blackbeard, because I don't know much about him, actually.

      Aww, thanks! And you're welcome!

      Delete
  6. You're a descendant of Blackbeard? :O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for including me, appreciate the mention!

    Enjoy visiting your blog, and nearly always stumble upon a classic film to add to my ever-growing watchlist. The screenplay series you did was my favorite. Good work, Josh.

    Wow, 125 films from 2012, I look forward to your best new films list, is it on the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Thanks, Chris. Glad you enjoy the screenplay series.

      My list should be up by late January. Just want to see a few films like Zero Dark Thirty (out Jan. 11) and Amour first. There are some films that I won't get to see for months, such as Andrea Arnold's Wuthering Heights, whenever it's released on DVD. But I can't wait THAT long before posting my list. ;)

      Delete
  8. Thanks man! This is quite an honor! I'll be sure to get on this today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome man! Your blog totally deserves it!

      Delete
  9. 700 dvds and 125 films from 2012 are both very impressive numbers :) I'm not sure I even saw 60 of 2012 movies ^^
    Thank you so much for the award, I'll try to do a post about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might even have 1000 DVDS, but I didn't bother counting them. "Over 700" is a very loose estimate. :)

      Haha. It helps that I've been cramming in 2012 films since early November.

      You're welcome!

      Delete
  10. Thanks so much for BOTH awards, my friend. Discovering your blog was one of my best finds of 2012. Thanks for the constant support and for consistently putting up great content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome man! Aww, thanks so much, and right back at ya! :)

      Delete
  11. gee that's a lot of DVD's, Josh! Congrats on your awards, you sure deserve them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sofia!

      Haha. I have a lot of movies to choose from, but storage space is becoming a problem. :)

      Delete