Friday, August 24, 2012

One Year Anniversary?


Apparently, I've been on here since this day last year. But that really shouldn't count for two reasons. First, I changed the name of the blog from The Hollywood Spectacle to The Cinematic Spectacle in early June. The first blog name was intended for a classic movie blog, since I love the classics. Second, I didn't post much before I changed the name because I felt too limited by the title and nature of the blog. For example, I didn't feel right about reviewing new movies on a classic movie blog. Because I love world cinema as well as Hollywood-produced films, the name was changed, and I've been blogging more frequently since June. So, the blog is technically a year old today, even though it only feels a few months old to me.

With that in mind, I want to say thanks to everyone who's visited my blog over the past couple of months. You guys are so awesome! Margaret, Alex, Chris, Toby, Trevor, Ruth, Sofia, Lesya, Fisti, Ruth, Stephanie, Cherokee, Nikhat, Brittani, SDG, Tyler, Alex, Michael, Jill, Andy, Dan, Griff, Dan O., Sam, Nostra, Tippi, Jacob, Emma, Clayton, vinnieh, Castor, Stas, NeverTooEarlyMP, and anyone else I forgot - thanks for the support. (Seriously, if I forgot someone, I'm really sorry.) Whether it's through comments, tweets, links, collaborations, follows, or views alone, you guys have been great. I look forward to getting past this rambling post and on to something more film-related, but I just want to say thanks again to everybody reading this.

Best,
Josh

10 comments:

  1. aww, you shouldn't have! of all the blogs I visit yours is one of the most unique and always a pleasure to take a look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Thanks so much Toby! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! :) Keep on blogging, I love reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Josh!! I'm so glad I came across your blog, keep up the great work man. I do like the mix of classic and contemporary movies on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I find it interesting that I haven't actually reviewed a film made before 1960 on here yet, but I shall remedy that soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on a year of blogging, Josh! I'm glad I discovered your blog -- I love reading what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate the mention, Josh, and thanks for sharing your love of cinema with the LAMB community on this blog of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Chris. Thanks again for the support! :)

      Delete